Active Essex Foundation has been set up to use physical activity and sport to engage and support the most deprived communities across Essex.
The Foundation will work in partnership with local organisations to engage harder to reach communities and under-represented groups across Essex including: individuals and families living in areas of deprivation, low income groups, at risk young people, those with poor physical and mental health, People with disabilities, women and girls, BAME groups, faith groups and LGBT communities.
We are currently reaching out to groups who feel they need support from us.
We hope that through the #3030Essex Campaign we will not only bring Essex together to be more active but raise much needed awareness and funds for the Active Essex Foundation.
All the money raised will stay in Essex for Essex based projects.
We are extremely grateful for every donation to the Active Essex Foundation and for this year’s campaign we are suggesting that those taking part might like to raise £1, for every day of the 3030 campaign.
- If 10 people raise £30 throughout the campaign then the £300 could be used to train new sports leaders who can go onto inspire communities across Essex to get physically active
- If 100 people raise £30 throughout the campaign then the £3000 could be used to create a sport and physical activity programme to engage local people who are suffering poor mental health
- If 200 people raise £30 throughout the campaign then the £6000 could be used to support a group of individuals with disabilities take part in weekly sport and physical activity sessions
Thanks to generous donations from funders and individuals taking part in the 3030 challenge last year in the past 12 months the Active Essex Foundation has been able to have a positive impact on the local communities, getting groups active and involved in a range of sport and physical activities. We have worked in partnership with a number of grass roots organisations to develop projects across Essex that engage communities who suffer from a number of inequalities.
In the past 12 months we have:
- Engaged 568 people in sport and physical activity projects
- Delivered 8 projects that have been co-designed with local communities to ensure that local needs are truly met, engaging young people, families, those suffering from poor mental health, those with disabilities and some of the most marginalised groups
- Delivered 3 Community Sport festivals that were co-designed with local communities themselves, engaging over 300 young people
- Supported the development of 3 youth ambassador programmes
- Delivered a Fit and Fed programme, engaging 40 young people in a school holiday programme aimed at engaging young people in positive activities and providing them with a nutritious meal to overcome the growing issue of holiday hunger
- Supported 20 young females who were at risk of being excluded from school
- Trained 20 young Sports Leaders who are inspiring their local community to get active and are acting as positive role models for those that they work with
- Supported the development of the autism friendly gym at the Brentwood Leisure Trust and funded fitness instructor training for a young person with autism himself so that he could take a lead on the gym sessions
For more information on the work of the Active Essex Foundation then please check out our website www.activeessexfoundation.org